We Know Your World
Mark Kennard, CFA brings to Palladiem over 30 years experience in asset management and investment consulting. He has been actively involved in the evolution of the advisory industry from the beginning of the separately managed account platforms, the introduction of the mutual fund asset allocation models, and role of low cost passive investments. The majority of his career was with the Consulting Group of Smith Barney. At the Consulting Group, he worked on both individual and institutional relationships. His skill set is both in research and analysis, and in client service and business development. Mark has also been actively involved in industry professional development and is a frequent speaker at training programs.
- Mr. Kennard’s investment career began as a fundamental equity analyst and portfolio manager for a value philosophy investment manager during a period when SMA platforms were first being developed.
- His career transitioned to consulting at Smith Barney, where he became a capital market and investment product analyst and strategist.
- A Senior Vice-President of the Consulting Group, he was an Investment Officer of a series of proprietary asset allocation mutual funds, responsible for fund structure and management. He was active in development of active, passive, and combined active/passive vehicles.
- Along with the mutual fund management, his group managed discretionary institutional relationships as the Outsourced CIO concept was being developed. Together, Mark and the team managed $13 billion.
- He has extensively written and taught on performance analysis and decision making, trustee and advisor investment best practices, and portfolio construction.